Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's Official, I Need Restrictions


I have always pooh-poohed the idea of parental controls for tv and other entertainment, for my children I have been the parental control. But it has become obvious that I am too easily influenced by what I see on tv and adopt behaviors totally out of my character.

I don't know why, but I have been watching "The First 48", guess it's the polar opposite, of "Cold Case Files". The Miami detectives, not a handsome lot of fellows drink their Cuban Coffee 'shots' to give them the pep to catch the perp in the first 48 hours. Why I would be so intrigued by these little shots of coffee, I have no idea, I have never been a coffee drinker, my daughter talked me into trying a Starbucks Brownie Frappucino, this is definitely a dessert, not a coffee. I have also tried cappucino from the convenience store, another dessert drink. But for my mornings I have always had tea, coffee was just too icky, something grownups drink.

For Christmas my daughter got me an espresso pot and now the coffee drinking has begun in earnest. My grand-pa used to say,"I'm so nervous, I could thread a sewing machine, with it running." This my friends is what drinking Cuban coffee is all about. I don't know what a meth head feels like, but I have a feeling, this is it. So either I will be really productive today or I will get nothing done, really fast. http://www.ineedcoffee.com/99/08/cubano

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

im a tea drinker too..and never could understand everone's obsession with coffee..it smells good perking..but jeez louise...it sucks...I think it would make a good hair remover..

Kalibitch said...

Love my coffee. I told Pissy recently that I'm a Designer Coffee 'Ho. I don't even feel guilty coughing up the $4 plus bucks for a cuppa Sin. With whipped cream of course. It's bad when all the people in all the coffee shops in town know you by first name. (We have something like 12 coffee shops.)

Hope said...

"I'm so nervous, I could thread a sewing machine, with it running."

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard!!

I for one love my coffee in the morning. I use to keep a pot going 24-7 but now it keeps me up at night so I had to cut back. I'm not a tea drinker at all. I do love a good "dessert" coffee once in a while but usually just plain ole black regular coffe is my thing.

Thanks for coming out of hiding and leaving me a comment yesterday. I just knew you were there! :)

Hugs,
Hope