Saturday, December 20, 2008

I've been baking, cleaning and decorating,




NOT!
From deep with the bowels of my laBORatory, I've been creating, not cute little gingerbread men and beautiful Christmas packages, but the kraken. Well he's not so much a giant and really scary cephalopod, but I like him. They do say that "necessity is the mother of invention" and since I didn't have a spare $10K around to shop for an octopus chandelier, I crafted my own. Even if I do say so myself, I LOVE it! Now, I've got a lot of Christmas stuff to catch up on so off I go.

9 comments:

Anne said...

I love it! You should stop buying and just make everything yourself. It's way cooler then what's out there.

What did you use? Hey, maybe you should set up shop.

Herbee said...

*gasp* Wow...no WAY! How did you make it? Can you do a little tutorial? That's totally cool!

yellowdoggranny said...

oh man..that is terrific...now I want one...need to tell me how you made it..that's soo cool..
hope you have a very merry christmas...and get lots of goodies.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN Christie ~ You did a FAB job!!!

Enjoy it & Merry Yule! (-:

SpOOky CK

High Desert Diva said...

OMG! I love it! If you're not planning on making these to resell....share the details of how you made him. Too friggin' cool!

Gail Lackey said...

Wow!! Totally Awesome!!
You rock!!
Hugs, gail & Ms "P"!!!

Holly Hall said...

Oh my god you are so awesome!

{Tara} said...

OK, you've got to share how you did this!! That's just too amazing!

A Wild Thing said...

I'm with them...when does the tutorial begin...I can't believe you did it. When I first saw his work, I just went bonkers over them.

Way to go girl, I'm impressed!

Have a wonderful holiday and prosperous New Year Christie!