Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Love this Suitcase



This was my dad's suitcase, not one he used for clothes and traveling. There were always photos and mementos stored in it, watches, dice and decks of cards his dogtags and marine service medals. I loved it, for the cowboys, horses, wild cows and flowers on it. It was special to me when he opened it and we talked about the things in it, now I try to remember the stories to tell my kids. When we traveled my dad would sing while he was driving, songs like Tumbling Tumbleweeds and Ghost Riders in the Sky. The tooled images on this bag remind me of those songs and those days. I really miss him.

5 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW beautiful suitcase! I have never seen one like it before.

Hope this note finds you well. :-)

Chris

{Tara} said...

OMG! I have never seen a tooled leather suitcase -- gorgeous and rare! This would sell for, like, $300 or more in NYC.

High Desert Diva said...

That is a fab suitcase! What a wonderful place to store all those memories.

Holly Hall said...

Absolutely beautiful. He did such gorgeous work. I will always, always treasure the beautiful bag you gave me. Thank you.

Judy said...

That is one of the most amazing cases i have ever seen!