Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Calm after the storm.


There was quite a storm here 'again' recently, creating much havoc in the areas near and around our house. Luckily for us there wasn't damage to our house and I guess even luckier for me, (I haven't told anyone in my house), but I slept quite peacefully through the raging maelstrom. Which isn't actually like me, because I usually spend all spring (tornado season here) staying up all night watching the local weather guys and maps and getting very little rest. I sincerely send my thoughts and prayers to anyone dealing with losses from these storms. One area can remain totally untouched and next door can be complete devastation, it is all so random. Even if you are fortunate enough to have slight damage, there can still be a huge mess to clean up and get back to normal. I've been working on a few little indoor projects lately, but nothing picture ready yet. So here are a couple of pictures of my front porch. Painting and outdoor projects have now been pushed back to autumn or at least much cooler weather. My very best help and right hand man, my daughter has gone back to school, OSU in Stillwater, and after this last winter, spring and summer of work, drama and trauma, considers it a mini-vacation. Poor kid.

No comments: