Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Geek Love


I highly recommend this book, but be forewarned, it's the type of story that you will either love or hate. It's about the inner dynamics of the Binewski family who are carnies. It is told from the view point of Oly Binewski, an albino, hunchbacked dwarf and her relationship with her parents and siblings. Her parents, outwardly normal looking people, who with the help of poisons, insecticides and radio-isotopes "engineer" their special family. The children are Oly, the enigmatic Arturo, born with flippers for limbs also known as Aquaboy, the twins Electra (Elly) and Iphigenia (Iphy) who are conjoined, Fortunato (Chick) who has the power of telekinesis and several others who didn't live but travel along with the family in their jars of formaldehyde. The first fifty pages will grab you and drag you along for a wild ride. Don't be afraid, step right up and read.

6 comments:

Loralynn said...

This sounds like a very cool book! I am definately putting this on my "to read" list. Stop by my blog if you get a chance, I nominated you a couple of days ago for an award!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Sound like MY kind of book! I may have to search it out along with "Twilight" on my next shopping excursion! Thanks 4 the tip!!!

Chris (-:

{Tara} said...

OK, this books sounds amazing, and as soon as I am no longer at the whim of graduate school reading lists, I am going to check it out! Thanks for the tip!

Gail Lackey said...

Sounds like an awesome book! I'll have to check it out, thanks for the info!
Happy hauntings, Gail

Holly Hall said...

I love this book! It's been so many years since I read it though, it would almost be new to me. I should pick it up again.

Anonymous said...

I've seen that book in the store and wasn't sure about it. Now that you've given it some praise, I'm going to check it out. I trust your judgement based on all the interesting stuff you've shared on your blog.